Torin is looking for a qualified Linux Engineer to maintain and develop all Linux infrastructure technology to maintain a 24×7 uptime service. The candidate will employ best practices on managing systems and services across all environments. The Linux Engineer will conduct analysis and fault finding of logging information for reporting of performance exceptions. They will manage, coordinate and implement software upgrades and patches on servers and workstations. The Linux Engineer will create and modify scripts or applications to perform tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems, informatics, statistics, or computer science/software engineering
- In depth knowledge of Linux: RedHat, CentOS, etc.
- Experiences using Puppet, Ansible, and/or Chef
- Experience with Terraform and auto-deploy software
- Hands on experience with MySQL, Elastic search
- Familiarity with VMware and AWS platforms
- Expert in Shell and/or Python scripting
- Solid knowledge of protocols such as DNS, HTTP, LDAP, SMTP and SNMP
- Additional Linux certifications (RHCT, RHCE and LPIC) will be considered an advantage
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to build and optimize Linux servers
- Ability to perform root cause analysis on external and internal processes and data to identify opportunities for improvement and answer questions
- Excellent analytic skills associated with troubleshoot Linux systems
- Experience performing configuration management (e.g., package installation, starting of services, installing scripts or config files)
- Experience with Infrastructure as code
- Active TS/SCI with poly.