Torin is looking for a qualified System Administrator responsible for designing, implementing, and testing technical solutions for complex problems, including customer-facing hosted and cloud environments. The candidate will provide expert technical assistance to team members with high-level system administration knowledge. The candidate will be responsible for ensuring that technical solutions leverage industry best practices, designing for security and excellence while minimizing the total cost of ownership. The ideal system admin should be able to define internal customer IT infrastructure architecture needs and then design solutions to meet those needs to include: capacity planning, systems configuration and tuning, monitoring backups, and installations of hardware and software. They will also secure and manage infrastructures to protect productivity, mitigate threats, and reduce costs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience
- 10 to 15 years of related systems administration experience
- Experience installing/configuring/maintaining systems running Windows and Linux operating systems
- Scripting experience (Python, Powershell, VBscript, Bash, etc)
- Ability to take ambiguous requirements or problems and convert them into technical solutions
- Perform system assessments and security audits
- Participate in the administration and maintenance of the remote monitoring and management system: update agent scripts, respond to alerts, monitor dashboard, and periodic system review
- Work with infrastructure engineers to identify new products and solutions
- Document maintenance for all computer systems and network infrastructure
- Communication with customers are required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
- Be available for other engineers and coach them to resolution
- Familiarity with: VPNs, VOIP, SIP Trunking, BGP, VLAN, Deployments
- Partner with network administrators, storage administrators and application developers to solve complex problems
- Work with vendors and suppliers to negotiate, procure, and implement high-performing solutions
- Active TS/SCI with poly.